Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Testing – Conditions of Use
You agree that by using the Covid-19 testing services you agree to and accept these Conditions of Use. These Conditions of Use will prevail over any other terms and conditions provided to you in relation to the test.
The testing services may include:
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Swab & Saliva Test
Loop Mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP) Swab Test
Antigen Swab Test
Antibody Finger Prick Blood Test
THE TESTS & SAMPLNG METHODS
Swab tests (Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), Loop Mediated Isothermal Amplification and Antigen tests:
Collecting the sample will take approximately 3 minutes and will require a trained practitioner taking a sample from your throat and nose. The purpose of the test is to pick up the presence of the actual virus in the nose and throat.
Collecting the sample takes approximately 3 minutes and will require you to provide sufficient saliva (as per the usage instructions on the kit). The purpose of the test is to pick up the presence of the actual virus in the nose and throat.
Antibody Finger Prick Blood test:
Collecting the sample will take approximately 5 minutes and will require a trained practitioner taking a small blood sample via finger prick. The purpose of this test is to pick up the presence of antibodies manufactured by the body in reaction to infection by Covid-19.
Results will typically be available within the following timescales:
- PCR – 36 hours
- LAMP – 80 mins
- Antigen – 45 mins
- Antibody – 45 mins
A positive PCR, LAMP or Antigen result indicates that the test has detected the presence of Covid-19 virus. A negative result in a PCR, LAMP or Antigen test means that the test has not detected evidence of the Covid-19 virus.
Testing is a biological process involving significant complexity and variability, and consequently no testing regime for Covid-19 is 100% accurate in all cases. A negative result does not guarantee that the test subject is free of the Covid-19 virus, nor does a positive result guarantee that the test subject has active, infectious Covid-19. All testing is conducted on this basis.
Test results and any comments given by us on the results are for information only. They are not a clinical diagnosis. They are not a replacement for a full and proper medical investigation and/or a doctor’s advice. Our comments are based solely on the results in relation to what are considered normal ranges in the general population. If you have any concerns at all regarding any aspect of your health or your test results you should discuss them directly with your doctor.
Based on the results of your test(s) we may advise that you purchase a follow-up test or that you see your doctor for further investigation or both. You agree that you are solely responsible for acting on such guidance, we accept no liability if you choose not to do so.
In order to book a test you must register and book on line at apac.collinsonassistance.com. Please note you are solely responsible for determining that the test you are taking is suitable for your particular requirements and satisfies the standards you are seeking to meet. Whilst at the test centre you agree to abide by the rules and policies implemented by the test centre staff. You may be required to register your attendance with reception and complete any required documentation. You will be notified of your test results by email within 36 hours (on the basis that the test is a PCR test) and your test results will be posted to your online account. You are responsible for ensuring you book a suitable slot and allow for enough time for the testing process to be completed and results posted to you in order for you to be able to check in for your flight on time and for the test results to meet the validity requirements of your destination.
We or our medical provider may be legally required to share certain information with the Ministry of Health Singapore, (moh.gov.sg), or other governmental organisations, in relation to your test, including: personal information (e.g. name and date of birth); the result, whether negative or positive; and confirmation that the sample is one that the laboratory has tested for us. This information may be used as part of any test and trace service being operated by the government in your jurisdiction. Please find a link to our privacy notice here. By proceeding to book a testing appointment you accept the terms of this privacy notice.
We are not able to offer appointments to anyone under the age of 18 unless the registration process is completed by their legal guardian, written consent is provided, and the legal guardian attends the appointment. We are also not able to offer appointments in the following circumstances:
- If you, or the person you are registering a test for, have had a positive test for Covid-19 or developed any of the symptoms of Covid-19 within 10 days prior to the appointment. Symptoms include: a new, continuous cough; a fever (temperature over 37.8°C); loss of sense of taste or smell; or new flu-like symptoms (runny or blocked nose; sore throat; shortness of breath; muscle aches and pains; headaches; overwhelming tiredness).
- If your household members or other people you have been in contact with have had a positive Covid-19 test or developed the symptoms above in the 14 days prior to the appointment.
- If you have had contact with a confirmed positive case of Covid-19 in the 14 days prior to the appointment as confirmed by the governments test and trace service, or other public health authority.
- You have returned from a country in the 14 days prior to their appointment, which requires a quarantine period under Singapore government guidelines.
- You reside in an area/region which is subject to a local lockdown.
If any of the above apply to you, please wait the appropriate time period, and we will be happy to book your appointment.
By accepting these Conditions of Use you agree to follow the guidance provided by us and our medical partners. We accept no liability for any loss or damage caused by non-compliance with this guidance.
To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and all third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred in circumstances including but not limited to: the laboratory being unable to test your sample for any reason; test results not being made available to you within the stated turnaround time; you missing your flight as a result of delay or an inconclusive test result, your failure to follow instructions provided to you in relation to sample collection or pre-sample preparation requirements, such as fasting; your failure to act upon our advice if we recommend that you seek medical advice or attention having taken a test; your failure to attend a pre-booked appointment. appointment; loss or damage that is not foreseeable;
- Liability for events outside our control. This includes but is not limited to failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control. If an event outside our control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you. Our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the event outside our control. You may cancel a Contract affected by an event outside our control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel, please contact us. If you opt to cancel, we will refund in full the total price you have paid for the Contract.
Our total liability to you resulting from a Contract is limited to the total value of that Contract - meaning the price you paid for the services.
RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS
We may amend the Terms from time to time as required.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under the Terms.
This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
Each of the paragraphs of the Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
You accept that communication with us will mainly be electronic. You agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights
If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under the Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of the Service, please contact email@example.com
Please note that the Terms are governed by Singapore law. This means a Contract for the purchase of services through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by Singapore law. You and we both agree that the courts of Singapore will have exclusive jurisdiction.